Rookie Orientation BulletinThursday, May. 18 2017
Mandatory Rookie Orientation
Posted Online: May 18, 2017
Last Updated: May 18, 2017
(Subject to Change)
- All Rookie competitors will be required to attend a mandatory on-course Rookie Orientation Session on Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain on Monday, June 19, 2017 beginning at 11:00am. All Rookies must be at the PPIHC Start Line (in the car pit area) by 11:00am. After a short meeting, all Rookie competitors will be paired with a veteran PPIHC competitor who will mentor newcomers while teaching them the course in a street legal road car at posted speeds. The mentors will drive the course, answer questions, provide insight, etc.
- Timeline of Events for Rookies:
- Sunday, June 18, 2017 – 5:00pm-7:00pm
Registration in the Breckenridge Room at Hotel Eleganté will be open on for any Rookie competitors who would like to register early (this is highly recommended). Registration for all other competitors will be open on Monday, June 19, 2017 from 8:00am-5:00pm. All competitors must go through Registration at Hotel Eleganté before proceeding to Technical Inspection.
- Monday, June 19, 2017 – 8:30am arrive; 9:00am-10:30am
Technical Inspection –- Rookie Car and Motorcycle Competitors will complete Technical Inspection at The Broadmoor World Arena parking lot (3185 Venetucci Blvd. Colorado Springs, CO 80906) from 9:00am-10:30am. Please arrive at 8:30am to line up. (see Technical Inspection Bulletin) (http://www.ppihc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017-Technical-Inspection-Important-Information.pdf)
- Monday, June 19, 2017 – 11:00am-3:30pm
Mandatory Rookie Orientation – All Rookies must arrive by 11am.
Location: Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain – Start Line area
- Monday, June 19, 2017 – 5:00pm-6:00pm
Mandatory Rider/Driver Meeting
Location: Hotel Eleganté – Pikes Peak Room #3 Joint Session (2886 S Circle Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80906)
Riders will break off after Joint Session and move to the El Paso Room
- In order to ensure all Rookie competitors are at the Start Line on Pikes Peak by 11:00am, Monday, June 19th, the following procedure is recommended:
- Car Competitors must arrive at Technical Inspection with full race suit and safety gear. Upon arriving at Tech, competitors should go directly to the scales with their gear (even if the car is still in line) and be weighed separately from their vehicle. If a competitor needs to leave early to ensure they are on time for the Rookie Orientation Session, crew members can complete Technical Inspection without the driver present. Motorcycle Competitors must bring their gear for inspection, but do not have to be weighed.
- The Rookie Orientation Session is limited to Rookie competitors only. No media, crew, friends or family will be allowed to attend. Failure to comply or attend may result in penalties.
- Any competitor who fails to attend the mandatory rider/driver meeting at 5:00pm at Hotel Eleganté on Monday, June 19th, will not be allowed to practice or qualify until they are authorized to do so by the Assistant Director of Competition, Director of Competition, or a designee.
- The mandatory Rider/Driver meetings will be limited to competitors and owner/crew-chief. The meetings are closed to family members, spectators and the media. Failure to comply or attend may result in penalties.