Competitor/Crew Credential and Access Card InformationFriday, Mar. 3 2017
Competitor/Crew Credential and Access Card Information
Posted Online: March 3, 2017
Last Updated: March 3, 2017
Competitor Credential Information
- Each registered driver/rider will receive one (1) Competitor credential.
- Drivers/Riders receive four (4) extra Crew credentials at no additional charge.
- Additional crew credentials may be purchased for $50/credential.
- A $100 replacement fee is assessed for lost credentials.
- All crew members must sign the RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY & ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT to receive a credential. (see below)
- Competitors are responsible for their crew members. Competitors may be penalized for the action(s) of their crew members.
Electronic Waiver/Crew Credential Distribution
- Crew credentials will now be distributed through the Competitor (Driver/Rider). Here is how it works:
- Send your crew members the following link to sign the RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY & ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT electronically: https://www.smartwaiver.com/v/2017crew
- The deadline for submitting online crew credentialing is Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 10:00am (Crew members who miss the deadline must appear in person at Registration during Race Week to receive their credential.)
- If crew members do not want to or unable to sign up electronically, they may come in to Registration to sign the waiver in person, and pay the fee.
- No minor crew members, or their parent/guardian, will be permitted to sign the online waiver. All minors shall be required to appear in person at Registration with their parent or legal guardian to sign the PARENTAL CONSENT, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT.
- All Competitors are required to come to Registration before they proceed to Technical Inspection.
- At Registration check-in, Competitors (drivers/riders) will be issued crew credentials to distribute directly to those crew members who signed the electronic waiver prior to the deadline.
- The PPIHC registration office will give you, as the competitor, the number of credentials matching the number of people who have signed up electronically to be on your crew. PPIHC will not give you any credentials for any person who has not signed the electronic waiver.
- PPIHC will require payment directly from the Competitor for any additional credentials that the Competitor wants to pick up and distribute. Competitors are required to pay $50 for any crew member listed over the allotted amount (4 for Drivers/Riders). Competitors will not be allowed to pick up credentials for those who have not signed the online waiver. All credentials must be paid for at the time of pick up.
- Only Competitors will be allowed to obtain credentials for pre-registered crew members.
- During Registration, Competitors will be asked to complete and sign the following statement:
“I, ________________ picked up _____ (number of credentials) for my crew members and will distribute them to those who have signed the PPIHC waiver electronically. Distribution of any credential to anyone who has not signed the electronic waiver is subject to a $500 fine.”
Competitor, Bob Smith has e-mailed his crew the electronic waiver information and 7 people signed up to be on his crew. At Registration, Bob will get his 4 free credentials and then will pay for the remaining 3 people. Once PPIHC has verified that 7 crew members are listed under Bob’s name on the online form, Bob will be given 7 credentials to distribute and will then sign the statement that he has picked up the credentials.
Crew Credential Access during Race Week and Race Day
- Crew Credentials will allow access through Gateway for all PPIHC Practice Days and Race Day.
- Crew Credentials will allow for early access on Race Day, from 2:00am-3:00am. (NOTE: The Gateway opens to spectators at 3:00am. One lane uphill access only pre-race.)
- Race Day ONLY: Crew credentials will NOT allow access above the Start Line area on Race Day (unless approved by PPIHC). Anyone wishing to view the race from above the Start Line must purchase a regular Race Day ticket. Anyone going beyond the Start Line on race day is deemed a spectator.
- Crew credentials will not guarantee access to the Motorcycle Hot Grid and/or Car Takeoff Point. Access cards will be needed for those locations (see below).
Motorcycle Hot Grid/Car Takeoff Point Access
- In order to better control the “Takeoff Point” and “Motorcycle Hot Grid”, PPIHC will provide access cards for each competitor to distribute to 4 members of their team. The access cards will have the Competitor’s race number and Division. These cards will allow access into the Motorcycle Hot Grid (for motorcycle competitors) and Car Takeoff Point (for car competitors) when the Competitor is preparing to take the green flag. Once the Competitor has received the green flag, those with access passes will be asked to leave the designated area.
Crew Credential Access on Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain
(outside of PPIHC Sanctioned Activities)
- Competitor and Crew credentials will not give access to Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain during normal business hours during Race Week. The credentials will allow competitors and crew members though the Gateway for practice days and on Race Day.
- Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain will be providing one (1) free pass – good for one (1) free admission for one (1) person – per registration that can be used during Race Week. This pass will be included in the Competitor’s registration packet which will be available at Registration during Race Week.
- Additional Pikes Peak Passes may be purchased at the Gateway. For details visit www.pikespeakcolorado.com.