Pit Space, Parking Management, and Trailer Length BulletinTuesday, May. 3 2016
2016 PPIHC Pit Space, Parking Management & Trailer Length
Posted Online: May 3, 2016
The Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb and Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain have the following restrictions in place for the 2016 Race:
Requirements for Race Day:
- No motor homes allowed for competitors or crew members.
- Motorcycle/Quads/Sid Car- Combined length of tow vehicle/support vehicle and trailer cannot exceed 30 feet (more details below).
- Car/ Truck – Maximum combined length of tow/support vehicle and trailer is 60 feet (more details below)
It is vital that your tow/support vehicle and trailer fit our requirements. All Race Cars /Trucks must be in their pit space by 6:00 p.m. Saturday, June 25, 2016. Pitting on the 25th is available for bikes, but optional (detailed schedule below).
Each competitor who has purchased pit row space (shoulder along the side of the road) has it reserved for practice days as well as Race Day. It is vitally important that no competitor parks on pit row during practice/qualifying days and take someone’s space. No parking will be allowed outside the bottom section’s motorcycle and car pits during practice days (unless pit row space has been reserved). On the top section, parking will be restricted to only the Devils Playground parking lot.
Practice Day Parking:
Bottom Section– PPIHC Pits/Start Line Area
Middle Section– Glen Gove
Top Section– Devils Playground
Saturday, June 25th Schedule:
12:00 p.m. – Pits open for all competitors (both cars and motorcycles)
6:00 p.m. – The Gateway closes to uphill traffic
8:00 p.m. – Competitors must be back off of the mountain
- Pitting on Saturday is 100% mandatory for all car competitors
- Pitting on Saturday is optional for all bike competitors
- Pitting on Saturday is 100% mandatory for all competitors who has reserved pit row space
Specific Information for Car Competitors
In an effort to reduce pit and traffic congestion on Race Day the following procedures will be enforced:
- Pit spaces will be assigned to each competitor by Monday, June 20, 2016. A pit map will be provided in your registration packet. Only one (1) support/tow vehicle and one (1) race vehicle will be allowed in each assigned pit space. All large trailers will need to be placed down the road from the pits in the gas pump area. All support/tow vehicles and race cars must be in place in the assigned pit space by 6:00 p.m., Saturday, June 25, 2016.
Specific Information for Bike Competitors
Each entry will be limited to one (1) support vehicle during all practice days. No additional vehicles will be allowed without prior approval.
The motorcycle pits will be open on Saturday, June 25, 2016 from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. for motorcycle competitors. Each entry will be allowed one (1) space no longer than 30 feet in length. Motorcycle competitors will be allowed to bring a trailer to the pits on Race Ray. No vehicles over 30 feet in length will be allowed in the motorcycle pits. It is encouraged for competitors to team up and bring one trailer 30 feet or less with several entries competing in the race and park in the motorcycle pits. All trailers will need to be unhooked from the tow vehicle.
On Race Day (Sunday, June 26, 2016) the Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain Gateway will open for competitors at 2:00 a.m. THERE IS NO TWO-LANE UPHILL TRAFFIC, you must stay in the right-hand, uphill lane at all times. At 3:00 a.m. the Gateway will open to the general public. It is strongly advised that you arrive prior to 2:00 a.m. to avoid major congestion. Your overall tow vehicle length, include trailer and tow/support vehicle, will not exceed 30 feet. Any rider associated with a vehicle over 30 feet in length that attempts to enter the pits will be fined and/or receive a one (1) minute time penalty added to their Race Day finishing time.