Technical Inspection Important Information BulletinFriday, Apr. 22 2016
Posted Online: April 21, 2016
- The Broadmoor PPIHC Technical Inspection will be held at The Broadmoor World Arena (located at 3185 Venetucci Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906) on Monday, June 20, 2016 from 9:00am-3:00pm. PPIHC Technical Inspection is free to spectators, crew members, family member, etc.
- Before going through Technical Inspection, competitors must complete registration at the Breckenridge Room in Hotel Eleganté (located at 2886 South Circle Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80906). Competitors will not be able to go through Tech without first completing registering.
- After completing registration, competitors will be given folders that will need to be taken with them for their Technical Inspection at The Broadmoor World Arena. Competitors will not be allowed through Tech without their folder in hand.
- All teams must have the ability and be prepared to raise their vehicle upon request during Tech.
- In order to avoid long backups and delays, there will be a strict Tech Inspection schedule by Division/Class.
- Registration at Hotel Eleganté will be open for rookie competitors only on Sunday, June 19, 2016 from 5:00pm-7:00pm.
- Registration for all PPIHC Veterans will open Monday, June 20, 2016 from 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Technical Inspection and safety forms detailing items that will be checked during Tech will be posted at www.ppihc.com by late-April or early-May.
- Only one race vehicle with be inspected during Tech; no back up vehicle inspections will be conducted at this time.
- Each participant is required to reserve a spot on front-left and front-right side of the vehicle for decals noting that the vehicle has passed the PPIHC’s Technical Inspection requirements. These decals must be displayed at all times while participating in Race Week activities.
- All entrants are required to display a Gran Turismo windshield banner on their vehicle and/or persons during all practice sessions, qualifying and Race Day. For more information please visit http://www.ppihc.com/wp-content/uploads/Windshield-Sticker-Bulletin.pdf.
- Any rookie competitor that fails to attend their mandatory Rookie Orientation will not be allowed to practice or qualify until they are authorized to do so by the Assistant Director of Competition, Director of Competition, or a designee.
- Any competitor that fails to attend the mandatory riders/drivers meeting at Hotel Eleganté Monday, June 20th, will not be allowed to practice or qualify until they are authorized to do so by the Assistant Director of Competition, Director of Competition, or a designee.
- The driver’s and rider’s meetings will be limited to competitor and owner/crew-chief. The meetings are closed to family members, spectators and the media. Failure to comply or attend may result in penalties.
Car Tech Schedule:
8:30- Rookie Cars can begin lining up for Tech
9:00-10:30- Rookie Car Competitors
10:30-11:00- Electric Division (both classes)
11:00-11:30- Unlimited Division
11:30-1:00- Time Attack Division (both classes)
1:00-1:45- Pikes Peak Challenge- Open Wheel Class
1:45-2:30- Pikes Peak Challenge-Pikes Peak Open Class
2:30-3:00- Pikes Peak Challenge- Vintage/Exhibition Classes
Motorcycle Tech Schedule:
8:30- Bikes can begin lining up for Tech
9:00-10:30- Rookie Bike Competitors
10:30-2:00- Veteran Bike Competitors (come anytime between this time frame regardless of division/class)
Mandatory Meetings for Competitors:
11:00am-3:30pm- Mandatory Rookie Orientation (Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain )
5:00-6:00pm- Mandatory Drivers/Riders Meeting (Hotel Eleganté – Pikes Peak Room #3 Joint Session)(Drivers will break off after the joint session and move to Pikes Peak Room #1)