Technical Inspection Schedule and Mandatory Meeting BulletinThursday, Apr. 9 2015
Subject to Change
- On June 22, 2015, the PPIHC technical inspection will be held at the Colorado Springs World Arena located at 3185 Venetucci Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906. Technical inspection is free to spectators, crew members, family member, etc.
- Before going through technical inspection, competitors must go through registration at the Hotel Eleganté in the Breckenridge Room. Competitors will not be able to go through tech without first registering.
- After the completion of registration, competitors will be given folders that need to be taken with them through tech inspection at the World Arena. Competitors will not be allowed through tech without the folder in hand.
- All Crews must have the ability and be prepared to raise their vehicle for inspection at tech if requested.
- Due to the large amount of entries and divisions for the 2015 race, there will be a strict schedule for technical inspection.
- Registration at Hotel Eleganté will be open on Sunday June 21st from 5:00pm-7:00pm for any Time Attack and Pikes Peak Heavyweight competitors who want to register early.
- Registration at Hotel Eleganté for all other divisions will be open on Monday, June 22 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Technical Inspection and safety forms detailing what items will be checked during technical inspection will be posted at www.ppihc.com by the end of April.
- Only one race vehicle with be inspected. No back up vehicle inspections will be conducted (exceptions: electric motorcycles).
- Each entrant is required to reserve a spot on each side, on the front half, of the vehicle for technical inspection stickers (one on each side) to be applied.
- All entrants are required to display a Gran Turismo banner on their vehicle and/or persons during all practice sessions, qualifying and Race Day. For more information please visit http://www.ppihc.com/updates/2015/02/20/2015-windshield-sticker-bulletin/.
- Any competitor who fails to attend the class room rookie school or the riders/drivers meeting will not be allowed to practice until they are authorized by the Assistant Director of Competition, Director of Competition, or one of their designee.
Car Tech Schedule:
- 8:30- Cars can begin lining up for tech
- 9:00-10:30 Time Attack (both classes)
- 10:30-11:30 Pikes Peak Challenge- Open Wheel
- 11:30-12:30 Pikes Peak Challenge-Pikes Peak Open
- 12:30-1:30 Unlimited
- 1:30-2:00 Electric (both classes)
- 2:00-3:00 Pikes Peak Challenge- Vintage/Exhibition
Motorcycle Tech Schedule:
- 8:30- Bikes can begin lining up for tech
- 9:00-10:00 Pikes Peak Heavyweight
- 10:00-11:00 Pikes Peak Middleweight
- 11:00-12:00 Pikes Peak Lightweight
- 12:00-3:00 All remaining classes and divisions
Mandatory Meetings for Competitors:
- 3:30-5:00- Rookie School (Pikes Peak Room #1- Hotel Eleganté)
- 5:00-6:00- Mandatory Drivers/Riders Meeting (Hotel Eleganté – Pikes Peak Room #3/#4- Joint Session)(Drivers will break off after the joint session and move to Pikes Peak Room #1/#2
* The driver’s and rider’s meetings will be limited to competitor and owner/crew-chief. The meetings are closed to family members, spectators and the media. Failure to comply or attend may result in penalties.