Competitor Credential InformationThursday, Mar. 5 2015
Competitor Credential Information
- Each registered driver/rider will receive one competitor credential.
- Riders receive two extra crew credentials at no additional charge.
- Drivers receive four extra crew credentials at no additional charge.
- Sidecar Competitors receive 2 competitor credentials (rider and passenger) and then two extra crew credentials at no additional charge (2 competitor + 2 crew).
- Lost credentials will result in a $100 replacement fee.
- Additional crew credentials can be purchased for $40/credential.
- Crew credentials will NOT be allowed above the start line area on race day (unless approved by PPIHC). Anyone wishing to view the race from above the start line needs to purchase a ticket. All crew credentials will be accepted above the start line for practice days only.
- All crew members must sign a waiver to receive a credential.
Electronic Waiver/Crew Credential Distribution
- Crew credentials will now be distributed through you as the competitor. Here is how it works:
- Send your crew members the following link to sign the waiver and release electronically:
- All competitors are required to come to registration before technical inspection.
- The deadline for online credentialing is Sunday the 21st of June at 10:00 am.
- At registration check-in, you will be issued the crew credentials to distribute directly to your crew members (who have signed the electronic waiver).
- The PPIHC registration office will give you, as the competitor, the number of credentials that match the number of people who have signed up electronically to be on your crew. PPIHC will not give you any credentials for any person who has not signed the electronic waiver.
- PPIHC will require payment directly from the competitor for any credentials that the competitor wants to pick up and distribute. Competitors are required to pay $40 for any crew member listed over the allotted amount (2 for riders, 4 for drivers). Competitors will not be allowed to pick up credentials for those who have not signed the online waiver or whom the competitor is not willing to pay for.
Car Competitor: Bob Smith has e-mailed his crew the electronic waiver information and 7 people signed up to be on his crew. At registration, Bob will get his 4 free credentials and then will pay for the remaining 3 people. Once PPIHC has the payment and can see that 7 people are listed under Bob’s name online, Bob will be given 7 credentials to distribute.
- No one but competitors will be allowed to obtain credentials for crew members.
- Credentials will give access to Pikes Peak during all sanctioned practices and race day.
- At registration, competitors will be asked to fill out and sign the following:
I, ________________ picked up _____ (number of credentials) for my crew members and will distribute them to those who have signed the PPIHC waiver electronically. Distribution of any credential to anyone who has not signed the electronic waiver is subject to a $500 fine.
- If crew members do not want to sign up electronically, they may come into registration to pay and/or sign the paper waiver.
- All guardians of a minor must come to registration to fill out a minor waiver. No minors/guardians will be allowed to sign the online waiver.
Credential Usage on Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain
- Competitor and Crew credentials will not give access to Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain during normal business hours during race week. The credentials will allow competitors and crew members though the gateway for practice days and on race day.
- Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain will be providing one free pass- good for 1 free admission for 1 person- per registration that can be used during race week. This pass can be found in your registration packet that you pick up during race week.
- Additional Pikes Peak Annual Passes can be purchased at the Gateway. For additional details about Pikes Peak Annual Passes visit their website at www.pikespeakcolorado.com.