2015 Testing InformationWednesday, Oct. 29 2014
(Subject to change)
The PPIHC will be conducting a private test for registered entries of the 2015 event. Each day is limited to 15 cars and 30 motorcycles. Click here to register for testing (opens November, 1st 2014). Testing can only be registered for online.
Saturday June 6th, 2015
Sunday June 7th, 2015
Saturday June 13th, 2015
Sunday June 14th, 2015
Cars: $700/day (includes 6 bracelets for access onto Pikes Peak for the test)
Bikes: $350/day (includes 6 bracelets for access onto Pikes Peak for the test)
(Subject to change)
For the test, the entire course will be open (weather and road conditions permitting) that will be divided into two sections. There will not be full runs of the road on any day:
Lower Section: Start line to Glen Cove
Upper Section: Glen Cove to the Summit
Saturday June 6th, 2015 (Cars- Lower Section, Bikes Upper Section)
Sunday June 7th, 2015- (Bikes Lower Section, Cars Upper Section)
Saturday June 13th, 2015 (Cars- Lower Section, Bikes Upper Section)
Sunday June 14th, 2015- (Bikes Lower Section, Cars Upper Section)
There will be absolutely no additional testing on Pikes Peak Highway from June 15th through June 22nd 2015.
Slots are available on a first come first served basis that includes complete registration and payment. If you register and pay for testing but are not approved to compete in the 93rd running, you will be issued a refund.
If you have any questions regarding registration for the test, please e-mail Megan Leatham at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the office at 719-685-4400.
- All competitors will receive a total of 6 testing bracelets (one for you and five additional crew members/team members) that will allow access through the gateway during the test weekend. No one will be allowed thought the Gateway who does not have a testing bracelet. The bracelets will be different colors for each of the two weekends. The bracelets will be mailed to the competitors 3 weeks prior to the test. It will be the competitor’s responsibility to distribute the bracelets to the appropriate crew members/team members. Competitors who sign up for both testing weekends will get two sets of six bracelets mailed to them (one set for each weekend). If there are unique circumstances that require you to have more than five crew members on Pikes Peak for the test, please contact PPIHC directly to pay for additional bracelets.
- All competitors are bound by the 2015 PPIHC Official rule book.
- Everyone must sign the participant waiver before they are allowed through the gate (each day).
- Pikes Peak Highway officials will lock the Gateway at 5:00am. No one will be allowed up after that time. The start line will be shutdown at 4:50. No one will be allowed past the start line after that time.
- It is your responsibility to be in the assigned area prior to the start line in the lower section being closed. No Exceptions!
- If you designate a bracelet to a member of a media organization/marketing team member who would like to take photos or cover testing from outside of the designated areas, that person must contact PPIHC to be properly identified.
- Technical inspections will be made for safety requirements only (per the 2015 PPIHC rule book). We will not judge as to the legality of vehicle for the race.
- All vehicles in the test must have a visible number of both sides of the vehicle (for timing purposes). If the timers cannot see a number you won’t get times.
- Competitors assigned to the upper section will be allowed through the tollage at 4:00am with the riders meeting at Glen Cove at 5:00am.
- Competitors assigned to the lower section will be allowed through the toll gate at 4:15am for a drivers meeting at the start line at 5:00am.
- No one will be permitted to stand, spectate, or view the testing from outside of the assigned areas (unless approved by PPIHC).
- There will be no duplicate numbers for any 2015 motorcycle competitors during the 2015 test.
- There will be no duplicate numbers for any 2015 car competitors during the 2015 test.
- All race numbers must be displayed on each vehicle large enough for course officials and observers to see. No vehicle will be allowed to test if the race number is not visible.