Tech Inspection June 23rd Presented by Scion- World ArenaFriday, Mar. 14 2014
– The 2014 PPIHC technical inspection, presented by Scion, will be held at the Colorado Springs World Arena located at 3185 Venetucci Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906. Technical inspection is free to spectators, crew members, family member, etc.
– Before going through technical inspection, competitors must go through registration at the Hotel Eleganté in the Breckenridge Room. Competitors will not be able to go through tech without first registering.
– After you complete registration, competitors will be given folders that need to be taken with them through tech inspection at the World Arena. Competitors will not be allowed through tech without the folder in hand.
– All Crews must have the ability and be prepared to raise their vehicle for inspection at tech if requested.
– Due to the large amount of entries and divisions for the 2014 race, there will be a strict schedule for technical inspection.
– Registration will be open on Sunday June 22th from 5:00pm-7:00pm for any Time Attack and Pikes Peak Open (bike) competitors who want to register early.
– Technical Inspection and safety forms detailing what items will be checked during technical inspection will be posted at www.ppihc.com by the end of April.
– Only one race vehicle with be inspected. No back up vehicle inspections will be conducted.
– Each vehicle must have a place for the technical inspection sticker on the left front of the vehicle.
– Any competitor who fails to attend the class room rookie school or the riders/drivers meeting will not be allowed to practice until they are authorized by the Assistant Director of Competition, Director of Competition, or one of their designee.
Car Tech Schedule:
- 8:30- Cars can begin lining up for tech
- 9:00-10:30 Time Attack (both classes)
- 10:30-11:30 Pikes Peak Challenge- Open Wheel
- 11:30-12:30 Pikes Peak Challenge-Pikes Peak Open
- 12:30-1:30 Unlimited
- 1:30-2:00 Electric (both classes)
- 2:00-3:00 Pikes Peak Challenge- Vintage/Exhibition
Motorcycle Tech Schedule:
- 8:30- Bikes can begin lining up for tech
- 9:00-10:00 Pikes Peak Open
- 10:00-11:00 Pikes Peak Middleweight
- 11:00-12:00 Pikes Peak Lightweight
- 12:00-3:00 All remaining classes and divisions
Mandatory Meetings for Competitors:
- 3:30-5:00- Rookie School (Pikes Peak Room #1- Hotel Eleganté)
- 5:00-6:00- Drivers Meeting (Pikes Peak Room #1- Hotel Eleganté)
- 5:00-6:00- Riders Meeting (Pikes Peak Room #3- Hotel Eleganté)
* The driver’s and rider’s meetings will be limited to competitor and owner/crew-chief. The meetings are closed to family members, spectators and the media. Failure to comply or attend may result in penalties.