Tech Inspection June 24th- World ArenaMonday, Apr. 22 2013
– The 2013 PPIHC technical inspection will be held at the Colorado Springs World Arena located at 3185 Venetucci Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906. Technical inspection is free to spectators, crew members, family member, etc.
– Before going through technical inspection, competitors must go through registration at the Crowne Plaza hotel in the Breckenridge Room. Competitors will not be able to go through tech without first registering.
– After you complete registration, competitors will be given folders that need to be taken with them through tech inspection at the World Arena. Competitors will not be allowed through tech without the folder in hand.
– All Crews must have the ability and be prepared to raise their vehicle for inspection at tech if requested.
– Revvolution will be on site to take pictures of every entry. These photos are required and should be considered part of Tech Inspection. There will be 2 photo booths (1 for cars and 1 for bikes). Competitors will stop by the booth immediately after they are done with their inspection.
– Due to the large amount of car entries and divisions for the 2013 race, there will be a strict schedule for technical inspection.
– Technical Inspection forms detailing what items will be checked during technical inspection will be posted at www.ppihc.com by the end of April.
Car Tech Schedule:
- 8:30 – 9:30 Exhibition Car
- 9:30 – 10:30 Pikes Peak Vintage Automobile Division
- 10:30 – 11:30 Electric
- 11:30 – 12:30 Pikes Peak Open
- 12:30 – 1:30 Time Attack
- 1:30 – 2:30 Open Wheel
- 2:30 – 3:30 Unlimited
Motorcycle Tech Schedule:
- 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Non Rookie Exhibition Powersports Technical Inspection
- 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Non Rookie Pikes Peak 1205 Technical Inspection
- 9:30 a.m. to 9:50 a.m. Non Rookie Pikes Peak 250 Technical Inspection
- 9:50 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Non Rookie Pikes Peak 450 Technical Inspection
- 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. All rookie competitors must complete technical inspection.
- o 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. All rookie competitors are required to participate in an on-track rookie evaluation.
- 2:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Non Rookie Heavy Weight Supermoto Technical Inspection
- 3:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Non Rookie Pikes Peak Superbike 750 Technical Inspection
- 3:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Non Rookie Vintage Motorcycle Technical Inspection
- 3:45 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. Non Rookie Quad Modified Technical Inspection
- 4:15 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Non Rookie Sidecar Technical Inspection
– Only one race vehicle with be inspected. No back up vehicle inspections will be conducted. Each vehicle must have a place for the technical inspection sticker on the left front of the vehicle. Any rider who fails the on-track portion of the Rookie School will not be allowed to compete in the 2013 PPIHC. Any rider who fails to attend the class room rookie school or the riders meeting will not be allowed to practice until they are authorized by the Assistant Director of Competition or his designee. All riders and vehicles need to be in the inspection line 10 minutes prior the scheduled inspection time.
Mandatory Meetings for Competitors:
- 1:30-2:30 Rookie Motorcyles on track rookie evaluation (World Areana)
- 3:30-5:00- Rookie School (Centennial Room- Crowne Plaza Hotel)
- 5:00-6:00- Drivers Meeting (Centennial Room- Crowne Plaza Hotel)
- 6:00-7:00- Riders Meeting (Centennial Room- Crowne Plaza Hotel)
* The driver’s and rider’s meetings will be limited to competitor and owner/crew-chief. The meetings are closed to family members, spectators and the media. Failure to comply or attend may result in penalties.