Latest News from Pikes Peak 2013 Testing InformationMonday, Oct. 29 2012
2013 Testing Information 10/29/2012
(subject to change)
The PPIHC will be conducting a private test for registered entries of the 2013 event. Each day is limited to 15 cars* and 30 motorcycles. Click here to register for testing (opens November, 1st 2012)
*We have reached the limit for cars for both testing weekends. Contact Megan Leatham (email@example.com) if you would like to be placed on the waitlist.
Saturday June 8th, 2013
Sunday June 9th, 2013
Saturday June 15th, 2013
Sunday June 16th, 2013
Cars: $700/day (Sold Out)
(subject to change)
For the test, the entire course will be open (weather and road conditions permitting) that will be divided into two sections. There will not be full runs of the road on any day:
Lower Section: Start line to Glen Cove
Upper Section: Glen Cove to the Summit
Saturday June 8th, 2013 (Cars- Lower Section, Bikes Upper Section)
Sunday June 9th, 2013- (Bikes Lower Section, Cars Upper Section)
Saturday June 15th, 2013 (Cars- Lower Section, Bikes Upper Section)
Sunday June 16th, 2013- (Bikes Lower Section, Cars Upper Section)
There will be absolutely no additional testing on Pikes Peak Highway from June 17th trough June 24th 2013.
Slots are available on a first come first served basis that includes complete registration and payment. If you register and pay for testing but are not approved to compete in the 91st running, you will be issued a refund. You can register for testing by clicking here:
If you have any questions regarding registration for the test, please e-mail Megan Leatham at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the office at 719-685-4400.
Post Registration Information:
(subject to change)
- All competitors are bound buy the 2013 PPIHC Official rule book
- Everyone must sign the participant waiver before they are allowed through the gateway. The signed waiver will be good for both days. If you have any additional crew members coming up on the second day, they will need to sign the waiver at the gateway.
- Pikes Peak Highway officials will lock the gateway at 5:30 am. No one will be allowed up after that time.
- It is your responsibility to be in the assigned area prior to the start line in the lower section being closed. No Exceptions!
- You will not be permitted to test outside of the assigned area.
- Technical inspections will be made for safety requirements only (per the 2013 PPIHC rule book). We will not judge as to the legality of vehicle for the race.
- All vehicles in the test must have a visible number of both sides of the vehicle (for timing purposes). If the timers cannot see a number you won’t get times.
- Competitors assigned to the upper section will be allowed through the gateway at 4:00am with the riders meeting at Glen Cove at 5:00am.
- Competitors assigned to the lower section will be allowed through the gateway at 4:15am for a drivers meeting at the start line at 5:00am.
- There will be no duplicate numbers for any 2013 motorcycle competitors during the 2013 test.
- There will be no duplicate numbers for any 2013 car competitors during the 2013 test.
Testing Procedures (subject to change)
- There will be two short runs at the beginning of each day. The lower section will be from the start line to brown bush and the upper section from Glen Cove to bottomless pit.
- The third run will be the entire length of the section. The lower sections will be from the start line to the straight away below the cove (held below the cove). The upper section will be from Glen Cove to the Summit (held at Middle Road).
- The pits will not move
- Green flag- start
- Red Flag- stop
- Red/Checker- end of run proceed to second red flag
- Breakdowns/Mishaps will be moved to a safe location until the run is complete or until the end of the day.
- Upper section participants will not be permitted to transition through the lower section should their day end early.
- The two minute rule will be enforced.
- No commercial filing (print or video) without consent from the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.
I shall indemnify and hold harmless the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, its officers, employees and insurers from and against all claims, damages, losses, expenses and demands, including court costs, attorney’s fees and expenses, due to injuries, losses or damages arising out of, resulting from, or in any manner connected with the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. The Pikes Peak International Hill Climb reserves the right to reject any and all applications.
Authorized Signature: Date: