Hall of FameTuesday, Apr. 22 2014
The Pikes Peak Hill Climb Museum Hall of Fame is committed to honoring and preserving the achievements of individuals and/or organizations that have left an indelible mark on the Race to the Clouds; whether they are competitors, organizers, officials, members of the press or volunteers, anyone that shares a passion for speed and competition in addition to a great respect for Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain is eligible for the Hall of Fame.
The Hall of Fame Committee will review the nominations and provide their recommendations to the Board of Directors of the Pikes Peak Auto Hill Climb Educational Museum to appoint 2018 inductees.
Current members of The Pikes Peak Hill Climb Museum Hall of Fame are:
- Alfred C. “Al” Rogers (1909-1954) – Inducted 1997
- Robert W. “Bobby” Unser (1934-Present) – Inducted 1997
- Charles L. “Charley” Tutt, IV (1939-Present) – Inducted 2016
- The Donner Family – Inducted 2016
- Robert Donner, Sr. (1891-1964)
- Robert “Bob” Donner, Jr. (1930-2010)
- Robert “Bobby” Donner, III (1959-1989)
- David Donner (1964-Present)
- Frank J. (1938-Present) & Judith K. “Kaye” Peterson (1939-Present) – Inducted 2014
- Joshua J. “JC” Agajanian (1913-1984) – Inducted 2016
- James J. “Jim” Reilly (1925-2010) – Inducted 1997
- Louis “Uncle Louie” Unser, Jr. (1896-1979) – Inducted 1997
- Nicholas J. “Nick” Sanborn, Jr. (1935-1999) – Inducted 2000
- Nobuhiro “Monster” Tajima (1950-Present) – Inducted 2016
- Rodney K. “Rod” Millen (1951-Present) – Inducted 2016
- Sonny Anderson (1941-Present) & Bill Brokaw (1932-Present) – Inducted 2016
- Spencer “Speck” Penrose (1865-1939) – Inducted 1997
- William Thayer Tutt (1912-1989) – Inducted 1997
The Hall of Fame is located in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb Experience of The Penrose Heritage Museum (formerly known as the El Pomar Carriage House Museum) across the street from The Broadmoor Hotel at 11 Lake Circle, Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80906.
The deadline for applications to be submitted is January 1, 2018. Please click here to submit a nomination.
For more information please contact – Mitch Snow, Director of Promotion & Legacy for The Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, at Mitch@PPIHC.com .
The Pikes Peak Auto Hill Climb Educational Museum is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization.